Saturday, April 2, 2011

Urban Jungle

Diane von Furstenberg released her DVF Home Collection about a month ago.

I had thought that Diane von Furstenberg was simply releasing a bedding collection, but the esteemed designer released an entire home collection, including bedding and kitchen accessories. Her bright and colorful collection comes in many graphic designs on plates, duvets, etc.

As I have said in my blogpost "Spring Stripes," I believe her to be the Queen of Stripes, and I was surprised (and slightly disappointed) that her graphic black & white stripe wasn’t incorporated into a duvet, because I would have simply loved to see the vivid print paired with a colorful collection of pillows. While I do note, she features a black & white stripe rug in the promotional picture for her “Urban Jungle” bed collection, I fail to find where the rug is being sold! If you come across it, let me know! Again, I am missing her graphic black/white stripe print!

Other than that, DVF has combined bold prints and geometrical shapes into a very daring Home collection for the modern woman. 
- J
DIANE von FURSTENBERG "Miro Flowers" Dinnerware Collection, $18-$110
Note the unusual shapes paired with her bold print.

DIANE von FURSTENBERG "Gold Leaf Wood" 3 Piece Salad Set, $180
I love the touch of gold leaf in the earthy wooden salad bowl and serving utensils. 

DIANE von FURSTENBERG "Urban Jungle" Bedding, $79-$335. 
Like I said earlier, I love that black & white stripe rug, but I also love the "jungle" colors and the zebra duvet! 

Pictures from bloomingdales.com, for a direct link to DVF's home collection, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment