Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Ahoy, Matey!

It seems that the nautical trend rings true every spring season, and Spring 2011 is not an exception. Not that I am opposed, because I am particularly smitten with the classic navy/white stripe boatneck shirt. However, the nautical trend is so much more than just sailor stripes! Inspired by sailor ropes, espadrilles with their heel of braided rope are gracing the feet of women with their casual appeal. Stuart Weitzman has introduced his own take on the trend, a sky-high espadrille heel with braided straps, and this year, designer Michael Kors has incorporated the “ropes” into shoulder straps for his casual bags. 

MICHAEL Michael Kors Marina Large Shoulder Tote: Sun, $198.
Stuart Weitzman Womens "Alex" Sandals: Ivory Crochet, $365.

And of course, the most notable, the classic navy and white stripes have been fashioned on shirts and dresses. I have many navy/white striped shirts and sweaters, but I will probably purchase more as the season continues! Like I said, I’m smitten by the stripes! I love this Lucky Brand dress from Nordstrom's paired with the brown belt and sandals! So adorable! 
- Jennifer
Lucky Brand Stripe T-Shirt Dress from Nordstrom: American Navy/Wild Oats, $59.50. 

1 comment:

  1. I adore the sailor look! You guys always know just how to brighten my day. :)

    ReplyDelete