Saturday, February 26, 2011

Roomies in Red




"For I conclude that the enemy is not lipstick, but guilt itself; that we deserve lipstick, if we want it, AND free speech." - Naomi Wolf, The Beauty Myth

I've been obsessed with wearing red lipstick lately; maybe it's the way it complements my winter clothes perfectly or just the fact that it's effortlessly glamorous in a classic, Old Hollywood way. However, it's completely wearable on an day-to-day basis, if you pair it with low-key eyes and simple hair (as illustrated by my lovely roommate, Kristin - on the left - and myself in the pictures above).  Kristin is wearing Lancome Color Design lipstick in Candy Apple while I'm wearing Nars lipstick in Red Lizard. As for Ms. Wolf's wise words about lipstick, I believe that women DO DESERVE LIPSTICK! Wearing a beautiful lip color that makes you feel confident about yourself can be incredibly empowering - after all, it takes a little spunk to wear a bold lipstick. Treat yourself to a bright, cheerful lip color - and celebrate confidence! - C

 

No comments:

Post a Comment